Friday, 19 February 2016

February 19th - My Current Reads

Hello everyone!

First off let me just say how sorry I am that I haven't posted in such a long time. I've had so much going on in my personal and academic life that I just haven't been able to post anything, and for that I am truly sorry!

I thought for my first proper blog entry I would show you what I am currently reading. At the moment I am currently reading two books, one for fun and one for my English A-Level Exam (sad face). Lets start with the book I am reading for fun!

The first book I am currently reading is The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater. The Raven Boys is the first book in The Raven Cycle quartet. I have actually read this book and the second book before, (I read them a year or two ago) however I can not actually remember much about them except that I enjoyed them. I want to read this book again as the last book in the series, The Raven King, is released soon and one of my friends at college absolutely loves the series and is looking forward to the book release which has encouraged me to want to read it also. The Raven Boys follows a girl called Blue and four boys called Gansey, Rowan, Adam and Noah. Blue comes from a family of psychics or mediums, however Blue appears to not have any of the same powers as the women in her family. On the night of St Marks, Blue and her Aunt Neeve are at graveyard when blue can suddenly see and hear a spirt who says his name is Gansey and Blue is told that the only reason she can hear him is because she is either his true love or she is going to kill him.



The second book I am reading is Hard Times by Charles Dickens. I'll be honest, I would not have picked to read this book myself but it is the text that my teacher has picked for my English Literature and Language Exam. I've actually finished it and am now having to go through it to add to my notes. It took me a while to get into it, especially as I am not used to some of the writing techniques that Dicken's uses. However once I got to the third book (Hard Times is split into three sections and each section is called a different book) I did start to enjoy and I actually really liked the characters of Lousia and Sissy. Hard Times follows the lives of various characters in who live in Coke Town which is an industrial victorian town.



Those are the two books I am currently reading. Let me know if you are reading either of these books or what book/s you are currently reading! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment